Official Thread: 2013 Trail Contest

General mountain bike discussion lounge. Drop in and introduce yourself!
32 postsPage 2 of 31, 2, 3
Re: Official Thread: 2013 Trail Contest

Postby Ginny_Tory » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:59 am

jeff wrote:
Ginny_Tory wrote:Too bad I have a shitty phone that doesn't do 'app' stuff.

If you phone has a web browser, use the mobile website (m.singletracks.com) for bonus points. The only thing you can't do with the mobile website is upload photos.

lol, my phone only texts and takes photos. Can barely call...it usually over heats on that. I spend the little money I have on sports and camera gear and plants. So everything else I own is pretty crap.
Ginny_Tory offline

Postby Bubblehead10MM » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:30 am

So are the results in? Not that I got my hopes up, but I managed to add a couple trails.
Trying to "fill the unforgiving Minute"
"We have not journeyed across the centuries, across the oceans, across the mountains, across the prairies, because we are made of sugar candy." W. Churchill
Bubblehead10MM offline

Postby jeff » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:09 am

The results are in!

Grand prize: Stl_Greaser
Second prize: Ginny_Tory
Third prize: Jared13

All three top contributors were separated by just 20 points. And I suspect Ginny_Tory was purposely holding back b/c she knew we couldn't send the bike to New Zealand. :)

Thanks to all who participated!
SINGLETRACKS.COM || Bike the net
jeff offline
Site Admin

Postby Bubblehead10MM » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:21 am

Congrats Folks. Cheers
Trying to "fill the unforgiving Minute"
"We have not journeyed across the centuries, across the oceans, across the mountains, across the prairies, because we are made of sugar candy." W. Churchill
Bubblehead10MM offline

Postby gar29 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:06 pm

I want a recount! Just kidding, great job guys! Stl Greaser, enjoy that awesome 1st prize!
--------
“Ride as much or as little, or as long or as short as you feel. But ride.”
Eddy Merckx
gar29 offline

Postby John Fisch » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:37 pm

The great thing about such a contest is nobody comes away empty handed. We all got out and rode some new singletrack--You can't beat that! :D
John Fisch offline

Postby Ginny_Tory » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:56 pm

jeff wrote:All three top contributors were separated by just 20 points. And I suspect Ginny_Tory was purposely holding back b/c she knew we couldn't send the bike to New Zealand. :)

Haha. Actually I as purposely aiming for 2nd cause I needed mtb shoes. "Forget the bike, I WANT THE SHOES!" Probably one of the girl-y-est things I've done yet.
I still have US addresses in Jersey and Boston, just not personally back there to pick it up.
Ginny_Tory offline

Postby Ginny_Tory » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:57 pm

skibum wrote:The great thing about such a contest is nobody comes away empty handed. We all got out and rode some new singletrack--You can't beat that! :D

And we all get stickers. Can't forget about the stickers! :P
Ginny_Tory offline

Postby Jared13 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:18 pm

Ginny_Tory wrote:
jeff wrote:All three top contributors were separated by just 20 points. And I suspect Ginny_Tory was purposely holding back b/c she knew we couldn't send the bike to New Zealand. :)

Haha. Actually I as purposely aiming for 2nd cause I needed mtb shoes. "Forget the bike, I WANT THE SHOES!" Probably one of the girl-y-est things I've done yet.
I still have US addresses in Jersey and Boston, just not personally back there to pick it up.

Had I placed second, I was going to PM you to see if you wanted to switch prizes. :lol:
I ride flats so I don't need the X-Project shoes (even though, they are SAHWEET!)
Jared13 offline

Postby Stl_Greaser » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:55 pm

I am excited to get a dedicated commuter bike for sure, but I just had fun riding and build some new singletrack for the contest. It's contests like these that are most rewarding for all that enter because we will all reap the benifits for years to come with all of the new data on the site! And you better believe the Raliegh will be decked out in Singletracks stickers!!!
Stl_Greaser offline

Postby Ginny_Tory » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:34 am

Jared13 wrote:
Ginny_Tory wrote:

Had I placed second, I was going to PM you to see if you wanted to switch prizes. :lol:
I ride flats so I don't need the X-Project shoes (even though, they are SAHWEET!)

LOL! Man, all three of us could have saved a lot of trouble, haha. But it was all good fun. Yeah, I already have a wonderful hydropack and an idiotic phone so the 3rd prize wouldn't be very useful. And I didn't want the bike and I'm out of closet space for bikes anyways.

Luckily I was SUPER lazy, procrastinating on entering all the tracks I hunted down and a lot of photos I took for the site...so this contest was good in that it was a good incentive to dump all my information and clear my to-do list.
Ginny_Tory offline

Postby mtbgreg1 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:04 am

Wow, it sounds like all of you guys are stoked on the prizes. That's awesome!!
Editor in Chief, Singletracks.com
mtbgreg1 offline
Site Moderator

Postby swerverider » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:10 pm

mtbgreg1 wrote:Wow, it sounds like all of you guys are stoked on the prizes. That's awesome!!

I was pleased with the stickers that arrived today :D

Thanks guys!
swerverider offline

Postby PSUtuna » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:20 am

I got my stickers yesterday! :mrgreen: Thanks guys! I really enjoyed the contest. It gave me incentive to go hit some new trails that I've been holding back on!
PSUtuna offline

Postby Stl_Greaser » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:45 pm

So the Raleigh arrived Saturday afternoon and I put it to gether right away! But I did not get a chance to ride it untill this afternoon. I was a fun 6.5 mile ride and I will post more about it soon with some pics of me with the bike also!
Stl_Greaser offline

PreviousNext
32 postsPage 2 of 31, 2, 3