Finally got a good ride in with the new bike

General mountain bike discussion lounge. Drop in and introduce yourself!
3 postsPage 1 of 1
Finally got a good ride in with the new bike

Postby revans1961 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:37 am

With all the rain where I live the last month I have not been able to get in a truly great ride until yesterday. The new bike is dialed in perfect. I rode the Whiting & Luge loop plus a little extra credit. I was hoping for another great ride today but no mother nature has other plans. More rain and thunder storms. Although I will ride in the mud when I cant take it anymore our mud is sticky and real quick the bike stops rolling. The only thing good about it is everything will turn green again.
revans1961 offline

Re: Finally got a good ride in with the new bike

Postby CP1 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:59 pm

revans1961 wrote:With all the rain where I live the last month I have not been able to get in a truly great ride until yesterday. The new bike is dialed in perfect. I rode the Whiting & Luge loop plus a little extra credit. I was hoping for another great ride today but no mother nature has other plans. More rain and thunder storms. Although I will ride in the mud when I cant take it anymore our mud is sticky and real quick the bike stops rolling. The only thing good about it is everything will turn green again.

That's awesome man!!! Glad to hear you got some riding therapy in, but I highly do not recommend riding your bike on muddy trails though. That is one good reason some trails have been CLOSED due to riding the trails when too wet. Unless the trails are super hard pack, it is not biking etiquette to ride any trails while too wet, but mainly muddy. This causes damage to the trails (which can lead to CLOSURE), and makes more work for the guys and gals maintaining the trails.

Just saying bro! Anyways glad to hear you finally got out, and I can relate, as I am off the bike for a few months as of Friday until I heal up. Ride on bro! :mrgreen:
"I am what I am, and I love gravity riding! Wherever I can Roll On and Over Gnarly Dirt, Fast DH Runs, Huck Big, AM, or the Urban Jungle (street), I am having fun."
CP1 offline

Re: Finally got a good ride in with the new bike

Postby mtbgreg1 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:11 am

I agree with CP1's sentiments about riding wet trails, especially in So Cal. The trails are so dry for so much of the year there, riding them on the couple of days when they're actually wet is pretty counterproductive.

That said, you have some cool trails in that area! I did a couple rides there this summer. LOVED the Luge and Whiting Ranch was great as well!
Editor in Chief, Singletracks.com
mtbgreg1 offline
Site Moderator

3 postsPage 1 of 1