Whitesnake drummer breaks collarbone MTBing

General mountain bike discussion lounge. Drop in and introduce yourself!
4 postsPage 1 of 1
Whitesnake drummer breaks collarbone MTBing

Postby Greg Heil » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:15 am

Renowned drummer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Brian Tichy, known for his tours of duty with BILLY IDOL, FOREIGNER, OZZY OSBOURNE and currently WHITESNAKE broke his collarbone this past weekend in a mountain biking accident.

Read more here: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?m ... mID=184236

While I'm sorry to hear about his broken collarbone, I always love finding out about big-name people who love to ride mountain bikes! Ride on dude!
Editor in Chief, Singletracks.com
Greg Heil offline
Site Moderator

Re: Whitesnake drummer breaks collarbone MTBing

Postby blundar » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:22 am

mtbgreg1 wrote:
Renowned drummer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Brian Tichy, known for his tours of duty with BILLY IDOL, FOREIGNER, OZZY OSBOURNE and currently WHITESNAKE broke his collarbone this past weekend in a mountain biking accident.

While I'm sorry to hear about his broken collarbone, I always love finding out about big-name people who love to ride mountain bikes! Ride on dude!

OMG! That dude is the SH**! He plays and writes for some of my absolute favorite 80's rock god groups on my mp3 player. I would much rather hear about a rocker getting injured mountain biking, than getting re-admitted to rehab.

Mountain biking really ROCKS!!
blundar offline

Postby Jared13 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:48 pm

mtbgreg1 wrote:While I'm sorry to hear about his broken collarbone, I always love finding out about big-name people who love to ride mountain bikes! Ride on dude!

Agreed!
Jared13 offline

Postby Doomed » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:08 pm

blundar wrote:
mtbgreg1 wrote:

OMG! That dude is the SH**! He plays and writes for some of my absolute favorite 80's rock god groups on my mp3 player. I would much rather hear about a rocker getting injured mountain biking, than getting re-admitted to rehab.

Mountain biking really ROCKS!!

Unfortunately this wasn't the guy that wrote/recorded the 80's hairband stuff. Ozzy was playing with Tommy Aldridge and Randy Castillo. Whitesnakes stuff was recorded with Simon Phillips and played live with Tommy Aldridge. Still cool to see people that represent the excessive 80's being all healthy by riding a bike.
www.NEMBA.org
Doomed offline

4 postsPage 1 of 1