Line for Wife

General mountain bike discussion lounge. Drop in and introduce yourself!
16 postsPage 1 of 21, 2
Line for Wife

Postby klowe8828 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:01 am

Alright Boys and Girls, I have a new Specialized Camber FSR 29'er sitting in the garage and havent told the wife yet. Opening it up for a list of lines to present to her to describe why I NEEDED this bike upgrade. I am recovering from Hernia Surgery and thats the "basket" I am putting the most eggs in...in the name of protecting my boys. Shes a good sport, so I just have to weather the initial storm and make her laugh.
"Mountain biking is like a night out in reverse...at first you feel like your going to black out and vomit, then you go drinking"
klowe8828 offline

Re: Line for Wife

Postby dgaddis » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:41 am

If you keep her in the kitchen where she belongs she wont even notice :D :lol:

Only kidding of course. :mrgreen:
www.SouthernWheelworks.com - Custom wheels designed and built just for you, by hand.
dgaddis offline

Postby JT Orlando » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:40 am

You should most definitely start with "hey hunny, do you prefer tapes or CDs?" work that into a story about protecting the boys, and you should be golden.
JT Orlando offline

Postby John Fisch » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:55 am

"Hey, honey--you know how you've been hinting I should drop a few pounds . . . 8) "
John Fisch offline

Postby klowe8828 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:19 pm

jtorlando25 wrote: "hey hunny, do you prefer tapes or CDs?"

PERFECT...though I married a bit younger, born in 84, she has probably never purchased a tape in her life and I'll have to use an IPOD vs CD walkman reference... it sucks when your tried and true analogies are no longer time relevent. :lol:
"Mountain biking is like a night out in reverse...at first you feel like your going to black out and vomit, then you go drinking"
klowe8828 offline

Postby brianW » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:19 pm

Have some Barry White playing in the background.......and if all else fails, I bought you this.
brianW offline

Postby fat_billy » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:45 pm

Honey, I trying to make up my mind, mountain bike riding or the shoe show, What do you think? :mrgreen: Later,
Fat Billy sponsored by: Any all you can eat buffett, Michelin, Panaracer, Shimano, Serotta Bicycles, Sidi shoes, Bell Helmets, Monkey light Handlebars, Camel Back products. Wait a minute I give them money and all they give me is high prices. Never mind! Too wet to ride? Try Planking to help keep muscle tone.
fat_billy offline

Postby Fitch » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:23 am

"Honey, I've got great news! I won the lottery! Pack your bags!"
"That's wonderful! Where are we going?"
"I don't care, just get the heck out!"

I'm not sure how this joke actually applies, but I've had three cups of coffee and it's 10:23am on a Friday. :D
www.NEMBA.org - New England Mountain Bike Association
Fitch offline

Postby CFM » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:31 am

Surprise her with her own Specialized Camber FSR 29'er!
CFM offline

Postby klowe8828 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:12 pm

CFM wrote:Surprise her with her own Specialized Camber FSR 29'er!

Santa Claus and the Easter bunny use her name to describe the liklihood of things happening in reference to that notion. I love her, but an outdoors fan she is not...and I like it that way. :P
klowe8828 offline

Postby MTI » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:30 am

I think some females should add some of their suggestions. You need advice from both sides...neh?
MTI offline

Postby klowe8828 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:20 am

it would be interesting to see where the loyalty is...the sisterhood of the responsible purse strings or the brotherhood/sisterhood of mountain bikers. I am a firm believer that women are the superior species. The videos of women riding directly into trees are much harder to find than a big dumb guy doing it. Exhibit A)
http://www.stupidvideos.com/video/stunt ... _See_Tree/
klowe8828 offline

Postby Jared13 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:53 am

klowe8828 wrote:it would be interesting to see where the loyalty is...the sisterhood of the responsible purse strings or the brotherhood/sisterhood of mountain bikers. I am a firm believer that women are the superior species. The videos of women riding directly into trees are much harder to find than a big dumb guy doing it. Exhibit A)
http://www.stupidvideos.com/video/stunt ... _See_Tree/

That tree came out of nowhere!
Jared13 offline

Postby CraigCreekRider » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:11 am

CFM wrote:Surprise her with her own Specialized Camber FSR 29'er!

Or something else she wants just as much. She will probably be OK, as long as you don't do it again next week. :D
CraigCreekRider offline

Postby klowe8828 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:59 am

Well guys, I am able to report things went well. She asked me this morning.."did you get a new bike, because you havent been obsessing over it lately?" followed by "that stupid smile on your face says it all". I did use the line by brian and said "I got YOU a new bike" to break the ice. I assured her this would be it for a while, to which she replied "yeah? until you plow into a tree..." These women of ours are good sports.
klowe8828 offline

Next
16 postsPage 1 of 21, 2