Got a "home" trail?

General mountain bike discussion lounge. Drop in and introduce yourself!
58 postsPage 3 of 41, 2, 3, 4
Re: Got a "home" trail?

Postby DavidPeckjr » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:51 pm

Seems like I have done this thread a good service. One of the things I noticed going through the threads, is multiple threads on the same subject. I do not want to add all the "new fork, replacement fork, or tires threads. And I wonder if some should be deleted? I have been riding for the last two years. 631 miles last year and the 602 miles as of today. I have found that my home trail though not the most hardcore trail is getting be my favorite. And since I have started to get defensive about it, I consider it mine. It also helps I but in time on maintenance as well. I have enjoyed other trails, glad mine "home trail" does not get jealous, and someone else has labored on that one. Feels like I am giving a little back.
DavidPeckjr offline

Postby Greg Heil » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:04 pm

DavidPeckjr wrote:Seems like I have done this thread a good service. One of the things I noticed going through the threads, is multiple threads on the same subject. I do not want to add all the "new fork, replacement fork, or tires threads. And I wonder if some should be deleted? I have been riding for the last two years.

I hear you on that. The same topics tend to get rehashed over and over... but usually the topics just float down the list and disappear into the mists of our faulty memories.

Thanks for bringing this topic back up!
Editor in Chief, Singletracks.com
Greg Heil offline
Site Moderator

Postby DavidPeckjr » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:57 pm

Your Welcome, just wondering, did I see you on the mmba site too?
DavidPeckjr offline

Postby Greg Heil » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:10 pm

DavidPeckjr wrote:Your Welcome, just wondering, did I see you on the mmba site too?

Hmm I don't think so...
Editor in Chief, Singletracks.com
Greg Heil offline
Site Moderator

Postby DavidPeckjr » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:21 pm

mistaken identity. no worries,
DavidPeckjr offline

Postby John Fisch » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:49 pm

Like Trout, I'm lucky to live within a mile of Stratton/The Chutes and it hit it regularly. I love climbing through Stratton, up The Chutes, and up Gold Camp Road to Spring Creek and down Columbine--great, quick loop with lots of variety. However, the one I can ride from my house that is my fave is Section 16 via Bear Creek Regional Park and Stephaine's Trail. Similar distance and elevation change as Trout's two lap route, but the added bonus of an extenden, gnarly douwnhill. I also think of Palmer Park and Cheyenne Mountain State Park as my home trails--they are my son's favorites, so we hit them often as well.

Prior to settling in Colorado Springs ('08 - '10), I lived in in Fairfax Co. Va. in the middile of a triangle formed by what were my three home trails; Wakefield and Accotink Parks, Laurel Hill, and Fountainhead, each of which had it's own unique attributes.

Before that ('06 - '08), I lived in Great Falls, Mt, where my only worthy "home trail" was the Norht Shore trail along the Missouri river. However, there were oodles of great rides within an easy day trip.

When I bought my first bike in '00, I was living in Cheyenne, Wy, where my home trail was the Headquarters Trail/Happy Jack trails. After I left, locals got a great addition and the fantastic trails at Curt Gowdy State Park is the new home trail for most Cheyenne and Laramie Riders.

During my exile in Minot, North Dakota, the local trail was the Bison Plant singletrack.

Subsequent to that, for my time in Dayton, Oh, my "home trail" was John Bryan State Park, although it was only another 20 minutes to the far more interesting Ceasar Creek State Park, so I usually took the extra time in search of some level of challenge.
John Fisch offline

Postby NDTransplant » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:53 pm

Here are a couple photos of a local trail only a few minutes from the house- Casa Grande Mountain, in Casa Grande, AZ. Not really a 'mountain' by Colorado standards, etc.... :lol:

Nice because it's convenient/quick.

NDTransplant offline

Postby DavidPeckjr » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:14 am

Looks like a trail I would like to ride. Well There are all sorts of trails I want to ride. Just going to have to plan some trips... I may have only one "home" trail, however there are a few trails I just feel at home!
DavidPeckjr offline

Postby Jared13 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:16 pm

NDTransplant wrote:Here are a couple photos of a local trail only a few minutes from the house- Casa Grande Mountain, in Casa Grande, AZ. Not really a 'mountain' by Colorado standards, etc.... :lol:

Nice because it's convenient/quick.

I used to play paintball there :D (Case Grande, not the mountain.)

That looks like an awesome trail.
Jared13 offline

Postby maddslacker » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:51 pm

Neat looking trail.
Come chat about mountain bikes in real time!
http://gotslack.freeshell.org/mtb

carpe tracto talea
maddslacker offline

Postby Nancy2456 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:55 pm

My favorite "home" trail would be Owl's Roost. I think it is the best trail in the Triad area of NC. Great mix of a lot of cool stuff. Combine it with a trip down the greenway to Country Park and you are set for a nice ride.
Nancy2456 offline

Postby badbandit12 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:48 pm

The trail I ride most is close to the house, Blanket creek. My favorite that I ride a lot is Racoon mnt. in chatanooga.
badbandit12 offline

Postby GimmeAraise » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:27 am

I'm lucky enough to say, 401 and Strand Hill in Crested Butte are my two that i ride the most! I always take Tonys and Upper to Strand and 401! Once it gets older or a little wet Hartmans rocks is my bike HOME!
http://gimmearaise.blogspot.com/
GimmeAraise offline

Postby Dread » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:54 am

Sherman Branch for me, a ten minute drive from my house in Charlotte, NC. It's a fantastic trail created and maintained by the Tarheel Trailblazers!

I've ridden it so many times I feel like I have a hometown advantage.
Dread offline

Postby ohioplaya28 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:22 pm

Findley State Park in Wellington Ohio is my home trail
ohioplaya28 offline

PreviousNext
58 postsPage 3 of 41, 2, 3, 4