Post Pictures Of Your Rigs Here! (Part 2)

Share your MTB Pictures and Videos, or just add a picture of your MTB rig/sled. Show off your MTB adventures here as well (pics or videos that is).
397 postsPage 23 of 271 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Rigs Here! (Part 2)

Postby ollysj » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:18 pm

nice pic, thanks for sharing
ollysj offline

Postby wigg006 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:07 pm

2013 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disk 29'er, with Crank bros. 50/50 2.
Its my first real MTB. My Girlfriend and I just got into riding, and we're loving it!! Three days of riding this weekend in Colorado!

wigg006 offline

Postby Greg Heil » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:53 pm

wigg006 wrote:2013 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disk 29'er, with Crank bros. 50/50 2.
Its my first real MTB. My Girlfriend and I just got into riding, and we're loving it!! Three days of riding this weekend in Colorado!

Nice looking rig! Where in CO are you riding?
Editor in Chief, Singletracks.com
Greg Heil offline
Site Moderator

Postby wigg006 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:38 am

We rode the buffalo creek area, just south west of Denver about 40 miles
wigg006 offline

Postby Greg Heil » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:55 pm

wigg006 wrote:We rode the buffalo creek area, just south west of Denver about 40 miles

I've been there quite a few times. Great trails! Enjoy man!
Editor in Chief, Singletracks.com
Greg Heil offline
Site Moderator

Postby GimmeAraise » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:11 pm

Finally took the time to figure out how to post pictures. here are my two bikes
fuel ex 9.8 2012

Stumpjumper comp carbon 2013

Both have gone through some changes since these photos!

I love my new stumpy got 5th overall on it in the Crested Butte Classic last weekend and Ive only been on it 6 times! Truly race ready out of the box! The fuel ex is such a fun playful bike, with the reverb i couldn't ask for a better trail bike!
http://gimmearaise.blogspot.com/
GimmeAraise offline

Postby SillkySlim » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:05 am

wigg006 wrote:2013 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disk 29'er, with Crank bros. 50/50 2.

That's a slick looking color scheme. Very nice!
SillkySlim offline

Postby dgaddis » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:58 pm

Updated pic of my Jabberwocky. Recent changes: very light wheels (1,557g), and some freebie Shimano brakes. My Elixers died, and a buddy gave me these Shimanos that came on a used bike he bought, but he already had better brakes to put on it. These are no-name, low end Shimano brakes....and they're so much better than my Elixers!!! Power and modulation are about the same, but they're quiet! Imagine that, brakes that don't make noise! No noise, no gobble, no vibration.

Anyhow....here's the bike. 22.88lbs.

www.SouthernWheelworks.com - Custom wheels designed and built just for you, by hand.
dgaddis offline

Postby DiRt_DeViL » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:01 pm

Our rigs, mine has the white fork.

DiRt_DeViL offline

Postby goonie72 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:02 pm

For the past 2 riding seasons I've been on a 2011 Trek GF Cobia. Really love this bike, has done everything I wanted it to and more. Really takes a beating. I upgraded some to it: went tubeless, carbon bars, SLX brakes, Thomson post and stem, removed the big ring.. The bike was really dialed in nicely for me loved every ride on it..

My new Rig which I just picked up from my LBS on Oct 27 is a Santa Cruz Tallboy LT. Ordered frame and fork and then customized it to my liking. Few of the parts: full XT build, KS LEV post, Stans Arch EX, Schwalbe nobby nic up front/racing ralph in the rear, Chris King headset, thomson stem. Weighed in at 29.9 lbs, but maybe its just so well balanced because it feels incredibly lighter when you pick it up. I mean this thing feels like maybe 26lbs.
Goonies never say die!

The one statement that drives me insanely mad:

Anything positive in a bike review followed by " for a 29er"
goonie72 offline

Postby klowe8828 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:51 pm

my first bike, bought after I decided i wanted to start biking, bought a big box bike, and proceeded to wrap it around a tree and break bones within weeks of starting. Knowing me, I was cautiously optimistic about biking, not wanting to invest a small fortune in another hobby as I have with the boat in the yard that doesnt move, the camper next to the boat, the weight bench in the garage, etc...I will be upgrading at the beginning of the year to a Stumpjumper FSR Comp as biking has become "my church" as I tell my coworkers, but I can not say enough good things about this bike. Its a bit heavy, but the LEAP that was made from big box bike to this can not be put in words. Ive learned so much on this beast that I kind of have an emotional attachment and will defend her honor at all cost. She's stayed upright-mostly, and has endured Greens Lick as a hardtail, taught me to ride clipped in, and gave me confidence to tackle rocks, trees, creeks, and drops that I use to dismount. She's no ferarri, more like a 1980 chevy surburban, but a solid choice for a first bike.
"Mountain biking is like a night out in reverse...at first you feel like your going to black out and vomit, then you go drinking"
klowe8828 offline

Postby John Fisch » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:41 pm

Great story! The bike carries benefits the other, forsaken toys don't so it's great you stuck with it. Haro makes a great, sturdy bike for not too much coin--a great way to get broke in. When I got a sexy new fully, I kept the old hardtail as a backup as a backup and was glad I did. In the event of a debilitating mechanical, it's nice to still be able to ride until you can install the replacement part. Also, taking a spin on the ol' hardtail once in a while will keep your skills sharp--riding nothing but cush allows you to develop sloppy habits.

In the end, it really doesn't matter what you ride, so long as you ride.
Ride On!
John Fisch offline

Postby klowe8828 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:14 am

yep, shes not going anywhere. Its a great back up, and all these people that keep saying they would love to go riding with me will no longer have an excuse not to be able to go. The ol Haro has many more miles to go and many hours of suffering/joy to hand out.
"Mountain biking is like a night out in reverse...at first you feel like your going to black out and vomit, then you go drinking"
klowe8828 offline

Postby dgaddis » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:19 pm

klowe8828 wrote:my first bike....

Man, that rock sure does look familiar :wink:

www.SouthernWheelworks.com - Custom wheels designed and built just for you, by hand.
dgaddis offline

Postby sprodj » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:39 am

This is my current rig... The 2011 Fuel EX 7. It's a demon that rips up trails, and weighs only 24 lbs. :D

sprodj offline

PreviousNext
397 postsPage 23 of 271 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27