Independence Day Muni

Share your MTB Pictures and Videos, or just add a picture of your MTB rig/sled. Show off your MTB adventures here as well (pics or videos that is).
12 postsPage 1 of 1
Independence Day Muni

Postby uni_geezer » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:16 pm

All the singletrack at this location was blazed off the main trail, which the gas co. had bulldozed, leaving the once great trail a boring fireroad. At least they aren't likely to bulldoze these sections, which don't interfere with their access. Watch for some cable cam footage towards the end.

uni_geezer offline

Re: Independence Day Muni

Postby ScribbleJ » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:37 pm

To each his own but to me that just does not look to be fun at all.
ScribbleJ offline

Postby uni_geezer » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:42 pm

ScribbleJ wrote:To each his own but to me that just does not look to be fun at all.

Looks are often deceiving! :mrgreen:
uni_geezer offline

Postby gar29 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:46 pm

Thanks for the new video Unigeezer! Good stuff!
--------
"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving"
Albert Einstein
gar29 offline

Postby schwim » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:12 pm

ScribbleJ wrote:To each his own but to me that just does not look to be fun at all.

If I could do it as well as geezer, I would enjoy it. At my skill level, every ride would end in a trip to the ER, so it would get expensive quick.
schwim offline

Postby gar29 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:30 pm

schwim wrote:

If I could do it as well as geezer, I would enjoy it. At my skill level, every ride would end in a trip to the ER, so it would get expensive quick.

No kidding! I'm with you on that one!
--------
"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving"
Albert Einstein
gar29 offline

Postby ScribbleJ » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:35 pm

schwim wrote:

Geezer certainly makes it look easy. The thing about the unicycle gig is there is no free-wheeling downhill. So it looks like it would be a work out just going downhill. I'm sure I would end up in the ER within 20 feet if I tried that. :lol:
ScribbleJ offline

Postby uni_geezer » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:31 pm

Thanks for the comments guys! I like the sport because it's just a blast and challenge. I do have a geared uni with normal 1:1 plus 1:1.5 so I can get going pretty fast! I got into uni because I was getting pretty fat my job as a piano tuner is sitting a lot. I thought of mtb and other stuff like running and swimming, but none of those things sounded fun enough to keep my interest for long. I used to ride a Schwinn uni as a kid back in the mid 60's, so I wondered if I would remember how to ride one.

So about 8 years ago, about to turn 50 I decided to buy one to see, mostly just for the curiosity factor. To my surprise I was able to free mount like I never had stopped 40 years earlier! So then I thought, "what about riding a uni off road for the exercise and just the sheer fun and challenge of it?" So since then I have been riding almost daily and love it more than ever! I guess the other thing that keeps me riding is that I would probably get so fat if I quit, that the fire department would have to demolish part of my house just to get me out! :lol:

Here is a new compilation that shows a wide variety of the more extreme aspects of the riding I do:
(Btw, whenever we do drops, [as seen in the video] all body weight is on the pedals, and we are up off the saddle, so the "jewels" are safe! :mrgreen: )

uni_geezer offline

Postby ScribbleJ » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:21 am

Geezer that is awesome. I'm truly impressed. Your balancing skills are epic IMHO. I'm glad that you find enjoyment in it. I have to keep both wheels on the ground unless I catch some air on a small jump. I just turned 50 this year and with osteoarthritis I have to take it easy on my back and neck. Which is why I ride full suspension.

Keep it up ole dude! (Ole equals youngish. :wink: )
ScribbleJ offline

Postby schwim » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:28 am

uni_geezer wrote:Here is a new compilation that shows a wide variety of the more extreme aspects of the riding I do:

Wow, that's some talent. The sawhorse hop made me cringe!
schwim offline

Postby ScribbleJ » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:07 am

schwim wrote:
uni_geezer wrote:Here is a new compilation that shows a wide variety of the more extreme aspects of the riding I do:

Wow, that's some talent. The sawhorse hop made me cringe!

The cringe was an after thought for me. I was in awe when I first saw it. Later I thought about it; Those things were so close together it would only take one miss to be nasty. The confidence Geezer has in his own skills is worthy of awe as well.
ScribbleJ offline

Postby uni_geezer » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:19 pm

Thanks guys. Yeah the sandwich boards took a lot of "trials & errors" to do all of them in succession. And yes, I have fallen many times going from one to the next, and that's why I rounded the corners! :)
uni_geezer offline

12 postsPage 1 of 1