Does singletracks combine GPS data

Give feedback, ask questions, make suggestions, etc. Having problems registering, or technical issues??
5 postsPage 1 of 1
Does singletracks combine GPS data

Postby tir38 » Tue May 07, 2013 10:29 pm

If I upload some GPS data for one part of a trail and there is already some data uploaded for another part, will ST automatically merge them? I want to add a little bit of GPS data but I don't know how it will get integrated.
tir38 offline

Re: Does singletracks combine GPS data

Postby Stl_Greaser » Tue May 07, 2013 11:06 pm

Yes they will merge it with the existing trail GPS data that is on the site.
Stl_Greaser offline

Postby tir38 » Tue May 07, 2013 11:09 pm

Same if I upload data over *my* old data?
tir38 offline

Postby schwim » Wed May 08, 2013 7:51 am

tir38 wrote:Same if I upload data over *my* old data?

You're not overwriting any data when you upload the same trail system more than once. Each time, it's processed by a human, and they look for the new parts to add. You won't be destroying anything if you upload an a trail that already exists in the database with the intent to add a new section. Just let them know in the comments :)
schwim offline

Postby jeff » Wed May 08, 2013 1:12 pm

tir38 wrote:If I upload some GPS data for one part of a trail and there is already some data uploaded for another part, will ST automatically merge them? I want to add a little bit of GPS data but I don't know how it will get integrated.

As schwim said, a real live human (usually Greg) looks at the data and merges it appropriately.

If you want to be really nice to Greg, you can just upload the "little bit" all by itself. That way he doesn't have to strain to find out what's changed between the old and new files. Using the notes field is also appreciated.
SINGLETRACKS.COM || Bike the net
jeff offline
Site Admin

5 postsPage 1 of 1